Sunday, April 11, 2010

I'm late, I'm late!

Okay, I'm late posting my final blog. I hope it won't count too much against me, however, since I have posted 13 blogs, prior to this one. ;)

Why am I late? Yesterday was my sister's birthday. She had to work, however. Her husband also had to work: this is his Reserve weekend. Their son had a baseball tournament out of town which they both had to miss, and he had to miss his mom's birthday. Their eldest daughter can't be depended on to watch the two youngest girls, so my Saturday was completely taken up with babysitting. When I say completely, I'm not joking. I actually stayed the night because it was so late by the time they got home from work, we had dinner, did a bit of socializing with friends, had cake, and...well. It was late. Since I'm also babysitting today, I thought I'd also save myself the gas of going home at midnight just to be back by 7am. And I'd get to sleep longer. :)

I'm not only late posting this final blog, but I was late getting to my sister's yesterday to start my weekend babysitting gig. I've noticed that I have an odd tendency to be late to family things, but early or on time for anything I'm getting paid for. Odd, isn't it? Offer me money, and I can get up at any time required and be on time. If it's a family function, if it's in the morning, I'm going to be late.

I would dwell more on being late, but I have two girls tussling around my house and a brother looking very sour about the whole thing. We have to get to Sam's, then get to the park for some playtime before Marissa has to be at baseball . And the munchkins are nagging to get on the road...

1 comment:

  1. I'm sad to read this is your final blog. I love reading your blog posts. I'll miss them! Some of them are beautifully written.

    Chantal

    ReplyDelete